Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Running on the beach

Last weekend I was able to spend some time with a good friend that moved to Jacksonville about 4 years ago. I had a great time and was able to get some miles in on the beach on Saturday and Sunday. Both days I ran about 6 miles and it was great. The sand there is packed down because of the tide coming in and out so often. The wind was blowing and it was about 75 degrees. The ipod was stuck on Jack Johnson and Coldplay which made the experience even better. My running mates are planning for the 50 miler this weekend so I can't wait until they all finish! Even if they don't, I think it is unbelivable that they have made it that far in the sport. Unfortunately, I have been out of town the past 7 days and so I can't go with them for support but I'm sure we can party when they get back! Later

2 comments:

squatting bear said...

D, my new # is 494-1703. New work #. My leg hurts and I have 2 dats til the big day!!!! Shitin bricks

Carrie said...

Sounds like a fun trip. We'll be around this weekend, so give us a call.